It’s one of the biggest regatta weeks in Scotland, and it starts this weekend. Great parties and interesting racing on the menu as usual. From the Largs Sailing Club website (www.largssc.co.uk) –
[learn_more caption=”Read more”]
Clydeport Largs Regatta Week is the Club’s own major event, and includes “round the cans” and round Cumbraes races for dinghies and keelboats over the weekend of 27th/28th August, evening races Tuesday 30th August to Thursday 1st September, the Two Handed Race for keelboats around Arran or Holy Isle on Saturday 3rd September, and the Hems Kalis dinghy races on Saturday and Sunday 3rd/4th September
There is also a great social programme, from Friday 26th August through to Sunday 4th September.
Saturday 27th August:
- Keelboats – 4 races “round the cans”, north of Cumbrae, first start 11 a.m.
- Passage race – start 10.30 a.m.
- Dinghies – Largs Channel – first start 12 noon. Four races scheduled; average laps.
Sunday 28th August:
Round Cumbrae Regatta, starting 10 a.m.
Tuesday 30th, Wednesday 31st August, Thursday 1st September – evenings:
- Maritime Craft Services 100 Guineas series, dinghies and keelboats. Windward / leeward courses. Cash prizes
- Video debrief and comments by John Highcock (Saturn Sails) afterwards!
Saturday 3rd September:
- Keelboats – Two Handed Race, first start 9.40 a.m. (continues into the night if winds are light!)
- Dinghies – Hems Kalis Dinghy Series (continues on Sunday). Three races per day.
Get your entry in now!! The last day for keelboats to enter for the Cumbraes weekend and avoid a late entry penalty payment of £20 to the RNLI is this Friday, 19th August. For the Two Handed Race, it is Monday 22nd August. There is no entry fee for the 100 Guineas, but please complete an entry form.
All entries to the LYH (marina) office, please – not LSC – despite what it says on the entry forms ….
Friday 26 August, 8.30 p.m.:
Opening drinks party with complimentary wine and beer, and snacks All competitors, families and berth holders are welcome.
Saturday 27 August:
- 4.30 p.m. – live samba band parade around the marina
- After racing – al fresco BBQ followed by hot buffet at 7 p.m.
- 9.00 p.m. – dance the night away to Raggle Taggles live dance band.
Tuesday 30, Wednesday 31 August, Thursday 1 September:
- See video footage of your evening’s performance. Après sail debrief in bar.
- Prize giving on Thursday evening. Cash prizes, courtesy Maritime Craft Services.
Friday 2 September, 7.30 p.m.
- – regatta dinner with Mexican cuisine come along for a night of Mexican food and music – sombreros and ponchos optional!
- Open to all. Tickets £10 each from marina reception.
Sunday 4 September:
- Complimentary brunch for 2 handed competitors, followed by prize giving.